Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sorry!

15 June 2015 Tiarei
Auguste et moi


I realized last week I had sent photos, but not written a letter! The biggest thing that happened last week was Auguste's Baptism. It was awesome, and I absolutely love this guy. He's super funny, and is always cracking these dry jokes that just make me laugh so hard. Here’s the abridged version of his story.




We can’t find people. Say prayer. Go to end of road that leads to nowhere. Find Auguste. Auguste accepts lessons. We find out Auguste had tons of contact with the church as an adolescent. Lessons start. 2 weeks go by. Spirit bears powerful witness of the truth of the restoration to Auguste. Baptism fixed for following week. Auguste lives all the commandments and aligns his life completely with the gospel. Baptism. Miracle. Then Sunday, he got the Aaronic priesthood, and since we had two of our investigators getting it at the same time, he received, and then immediately got to participate in giving it. What an incredible experience. Miracles happen, God prepares people for us, and if we ask we receive.

We also have almost no P-day anymore because of concert rehearsals. Luckily the last one was today. As a treat president let us all watch “Meet the Mormons,” in French. It was awesome. My favorite story was the world war two bomber guy.

This week we had a genealogy activity at the church where we talked about the booklet my Family and how to fill out ascendance sheets. We had 15 amis, I'd say it was a success. Well I know that the genealogy is mostly done on The Norwegian side, I’m excited to do it on the Italian side.

Last week I had been missing teaching principles of the Gospel Sunday (I’ve kind of picked up the habit). Well, Heavenly Father worked things out so I could teach, but not only that, he inspired a couple we teach to come to church. The husband is a rather skeptical guy, and we never really get to have a good conversation because he's always diverging during the lessons. Well, we only did one lesson with them but it was difficult. So I had said to Elder Houde, the next time we see them we need to teach the atonement, one of the most doctrinally satisfying topics we can teach. Well, Sunday it just so happened that the lesson I got to teach was my favorite, the atonement. By the end it was obvious that they were visibly touched by the spirit and authority of the lesson topic. Let’s see if there’s progress this week *wink*


Elder Smith, whom I trained, moi and Elder Fareata,
who Smith is training. Three generations!
Well...that’s about all I have to say that I can think of at the moment.

Faaitoito outou

Elder Molinari