Monday, April 14, 2014

Last Week's Entry

8 April 2014 Tiapa Paea

Editor's note: Elder Molinari emailed a day late last week. The editor was unable to post to his blog due to scheduling constraints. Sorry for the delay. Here is last week's entry and we anticipate another to arrive later today.

Things don’t really change much here. 

We are doing our best to find new investigators, but i think its been 2 weeks without a new lead. The joys of a tiny sector. Oh well, learning lots of other things at the moment. Elder Smith and I laugh like crazy all the time, its great. I haven’t laughed this much in a long time. We need it or we will go crazy in our hamster cage. I think I need to speak a little more French with him as well *cough* *cough* It’s been several weeks since I made the switch to doing everything in Tahitian. Sadly I realized my French ability has decreased just a little bit. Not dramatically, but enough that sometimes I don’t get what people say to me at the first time. OH the joys of having to learn two languages!

Who knew most of my trials would be mental? I think I’m a bit too much of a perfectionist. I’m not very good at setting obtainable short term goals; something I really need to work on! I think my problem is I look too far ahead! Time to learn how to set reasonable goals I guess. I think that’s an important life skill that we all need to learn how to develop, or we will just end up getting nothing done, well not NOTHING but we will not be maximizing our focus.

EIAA!!!! I have a small amount of "skinny-chub" as Elder Gilson would call it. Don’t worry you can still see my abs, but there is probably a perfectly normal amount of body fat on my belly that I’m not used to having. O.O

Right now we don’t have any gas so the shower is freezing. More freezing than it was at Raiatea, it stings when it hits your skin. It’s getting cooler here as well. I’ve had to break out the second blanket at night again (even though it can’t be less than 75 degrees). Elder smith is currently dying at "had to break out my second blanket" line. Oh boy, I’m loosing it, I will turn into an icicle our first winter at home!



This was a valley we visited 3 weeks ago, very deep into the center of the Island. The blue thing is a bridge that leads to a water control plant or something.




These are the missionaries we were with in the valley. We are on top of the bridge. There were MASSIVE eels in the water, but my camera battery died and I couldn’t take any pictures! Kirstin you’ve probably already eaten eel at this point ;)

Well that’s all for this week. Know that I love you all. I’ll keep plugging along here. 

I saw a pole vault pit the other day, It was while we were driving into the city. It distracted me too much. xD 


Love you all Elder Molinari