Monday, February 16, 2015

Transfers....

16 February 2015 Tautira

Well I did get transferred this week, but it wasn't before Elder Kokona and I fixed another baptism. I'm gonna be honest, we rocked it here. Anyways, when you're unified with your companion its really easy to drown people in the spirit. So I got transferred to Tiarei in the zone Mahina. I'm also one of the Zone Leaders of Mahina, so I'm pretty excited for that - our zone's gonna kill it! I get transferred at around 12, and in our new sector....we have a car! Woooooooooo :) and apparently the house is air conditioned. What more could I ask for? Anyways, I'm pretty excited, but there is a good chance that it will be my last secteur, so I'm gonna make it a good one! My companion's name is Elder Tematahotoa, and he loves doing sports, so we'll get along just fine :)

We have Julia's Baptism Friday, and since I'm still on Tahiti Elder Temata... and I are gonna drive down since its me baptising her. Pretty excited for that, it’s gonna be awesome. We were worried about Julia being able to stop smoking because she kept procrastinating and procrastinating. She was down to just 1-2 cigarettes a day, but it was still hard for her to not smoke. Then the day we had fixed for her to stop for good she said she had no more desire to smoke, it was completely gone; quite an amazing miracle for sure. She's awesome and she has a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon.

I feel pretty comfortable handing over the secteur to Elder Webber. Elder Kokonas progressed beaucoup, and we've got tons of lessons, and baptisms fixed until April. It’s always nice to go into a sector that’s "living".

This week in my studies I found Alma' law of restoration (see Alma 41, specifically Alma 41:15) in 1 Nephi 14. I was pretty happy since it seems to pop up everywhere, and I've kind of made it a hobby to search for it in all the prophet's writings.

Anyways have a wonderful week! Thank you for all your letters! Love you all!

Elder Molinari

ps. Pictures next week I hope, If the computer in Tiarei works :)

Editor’s Note: The following was added once he arrived at the new location, which is on the main island of Tahiti. It is on the northeast coast.

Later on 16 February 2015 Tiarei (near Faauanu)

Yes, I get to drive a car. The new house is still next to the ocean, and we have an air conditioner in our room. It’s a pretty nice house, it’s probably better than our old one. The bathroom is super nice as well. Our chapel only has one ward that meets in it...ours. Elder Kokona stays in Tautira. It’s probably better for him to stay a while in sectors because he is still a little lost. I really hope he and his new companion have a good time together. The elder that replaced me is named Elder Webber, he's really awesome and he already served with a Vanuatuan. Yeah, my sector is huge, but for once our ward actually works the way it’s supposed to. So I'm super excited. And now I get to go to the zone leader meetings with President Bize, sooooooo excited for those.