Monday, April 6, 2015

A Good Slow Week

6 April 2015 Tiare

This week was a little slow. But that happens from time to time. It’s just that ALL our references were dead ends. Now that normally doesn’t happen, so I'm trying to find the lesson I was supposed to learn in all this. However we fixed a baptism for the 18th of April. Super excited for this baptism. It’s for a middle-aged French woman that we found recently, just two weeks ago (for privacy sake I’ll refrain from putting her name in).

She was a self proclaimed atheist, but the Book of Mormon cured her. In fact, she had already read the entire Book of Mormon before we even started the lessons. And at the same time; had stopped smoking, drinking, coffee, tea. Pretty incredible! She is an author, so she understands well the lessons. She also knows a little about quantum physics, so I was able to respond to each one of her questions about God. Pretty incredible how Heavenly Father prepares people. Anyways, Bishop's wife, who is her support, gave her the triple combination when we started. its been a 2 weeks and she finished the doctrine et alliance. Let me give you an idea of the responses she gives when I probe for understanding. "In your opinion why was the fall a necessary element in the plan of salvation" response; "The fall created a need for an atonement and resurrection, without the fall there would have been no need for a savior." My beloved brethren and sisters let me tell you how refreshing it is to be teaching at such high a level. She understands everything. When we engaged her this week for the baptism her response was, "aller, on y va!" What an amazing person!

Other than that our ward is just SUPER awesome. The bishop recently engaged everyone to do a questionnaire with their friends and family. In fact it’s a questionnaire we use when we go contacting so its not as bizarre going door to door. Well, all the ward leaders are doing it, and it’s just incredible. We've gotten tons of references and names to go visit, hopefully this week will be a little better. This ward is incredible; I’ll have no problems if I stay here till the end.

Well I love you

Oh gosh I forgot to write about conference. I like Saturday the best. Linda K Burton's talk was excellent. They stressed the family, and responded to a great many questions I had. Well, in fact all my questions were answered Saturday so..I was pleased. I think its important that we stress the equal and different roles of every member of the family. That extends to children as well; it is not solely the parent’s responsibility to assemble everyone for family home evening, family prayer, etc. Loved the Indian dancing talk as well it touched home.

Love you all, have a great week!

Elder Molinari